Driver Hire Bournemouth is looking for home delivery drivers for night shifts delivering milk products to customers’ homes.
Working hours: 23:00 – 07:00
Nights per week: Sunday-Friday
The first 10-weeks will be paid through Driver Hire at £9 per hour (PAYE weekly)
This role will then become permanent after 10-weeks. The benefits will then include:
- Annual Salary: £24,312 per year
- Workplace pension
- 25 days holiday/year (+8 public holidays)
- Life assurance
Responsibilities of the milk round delivery driver
- The role involves loading and unloading your delivery vehicle.
- Ensuring customer orders are fulfilled
- To deliver an excellent customer service experience in line with the customer’s 7AM guaranteed delivery time.
- The driver will be responsible for delivering products to customers on their designated milk round.
- To ensure vehicles are kept clean and smart at all times
- To ensure that Health and Safety and Food Hygiene regulations are adhered to at all times
- Keep accurate records in order to account for all sales and monies collected
- Ensure that all deliveries and orders are logged on the ERB (Electronic Rounds Book)
- To collect customer payments, as required
- 6-day working
- Working alone
- Sometimes poor weather conditions
- Learning and delivering multiple rounds (up to 250 drops) before 7 am
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Must hold a full Category B driving licence
- Maximum 6 points on driving licence
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience of keeping accurate records
- Must be comfortable working alone and with early starts/night work
- Ability to meet the physical and mental demands of the role
- Experience of using handheld sets for deliveries (Electronic Rounds Books – ERB) is desirable
If you’re interested in this opportunity then call Driver Hire today or send us your CV.