Looking for a role with progression?
Wanting a permanent job that can offer security and a company that offer excellent company benefits ?
Do you offer previous experience as a Maintenance Engineer?
If so, Driver Hire Chelmsford and Harlow want to hear from you!
Our client, who manufacture and supply Metal Products for the engineering and construction sectors, seek a Maintenance Engineer based in Braintree to start as soon as possible.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor and Operations Manager, this position will involve assisting the maintenance team in planned maintenance and breakdown repairs throughout the company site. Ensuring the smooth day to day running of the company machines and buildings.
Duties of the role include (but are not limited to):
- Assist the planning of breakdown maintenance of the whole site.
- Assist the planning and implementation of new project installations.
- Liaise with sub-contractors, vehicles service operators and insurance inspectors.
- Adhere to Health and Safety requirements identified, along with any other compliance issues.
- Assist in purchasing maintenance related products and services.
- Maintain the maintenance spares and factory consumables store.
- Routine production related tasks.
- Site Security.
- Assist in management of company vehicles (Forklifts, Cherry Picker, Van etc).
- Ensure the working area is safe and tidy.
- Assist in Supervising apprentices/trainees when allocated to the maintenance department.
- Provide full support to all maintenance team.
- Suggest improvements to procedures, equipment, operating methods etc. to increase efficiency.
- Meet company deadlines.
- Competitive Salary & Annual bonus (based on profitability)
- Overtime and weekend rates.
- Free refreshments & fruit
- Birthday & Christmas gift
- Annual Summer BBQ
- On site Shower
- Free onsite parking
- Full training provided.
The ideal candidate will offer:
- Have a good understanding of mechanical and preferably electrical engineering.
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload effectively.
- Strong team player skills and experience working in a team.
- Be self-motivated.
- Organised and tidy.
- Ability to solve problems effectively.
- Flexible with working hours – additional hours and weekends may be required.
- Hard working.
- Apprenticeship minimum to NVQ Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Mechanical Engineering (Craft and Technician)/Foundry.
- Hydraulics and pneumatics training/experience.
- Electrical qualifications – Electrical Maintenance basics at a minimum.
- IOSH or NEBOSH qualification advantageous.
- Ideally, 3+ years’ experience as a maintenance Technician/engineer.
- Ideally have a minimum of 5 GCSE’s including Math & English and Science (C or above).
- A working knowledge of Windows and MS Office
- Physically fit – to complete heavy lifting tasks required in position.
Candidates without the above qualifications but who can demonstrate relevant knowledge and experience will be considered.
Monday to Thursday – 7am to 3:30pm
Friday – 7am to 2:30pm
Minimum 39-hour week.
Overtime and weekend rates paid at higher rate.
Competitive salary, depending on individuals experience and qualifications.
Unfortunately, we are unable to respond to every application. If you do not hear back from us within 10 days, this means you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
May we take this opportunity to thank you for applying for this role.