Driver Hire Edinburgh City are currently recruiting for a Driver / Operations manager for a small local Edinburgh Business on a permanent basis
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company which specialises in the production of ice
Key Responsibilities include:
- 0800 starts Monday – Friday until finish
- Delivering to City centre clients in Edinburgh, Birmingham, Leeds, Manchester and surrounding area as well as all over Scotland.
- Day-to-day planning of multi-drop Deliveries for your own and other drivers routes .
- Daily brief and de-briefs with other members of staff.
- Picking and packing of boxes and orders for the deliveries and drivers
- Liaising with the production unit on what is needed for the week and making sure stock is plentiful and everything is available for picking and packing
- Light production duties such bagging up ice from the machines and making espresso for our espresso products
- Keeping on top of stock levels to ensure nothing is low and ready for the weekend team.
- Providing professional customer service
- Ensuring that the yard is kept tidy and is working efficiently
- Hold a category B licence
- Have good geographical knowledge of Edinburgh and surrounding areas
- Have previous experience in Transport planning
- Have experience with Multi – Drop Deliveries and working to a tight timescale
- No more than 6 points on your licence (DD, DR, or IN endorsements are not accepted due to insurance stipulations)
- £28000-£30000 d.o.e
- Bonuses are available depending on performance
The successful candidate will demonstrate a clear understanding of the priorities of organising and running logistics, a keen eye for detail and accuracy, the ability to learn quickly, professional confidence and clear communication skills. The client is keen to grow and need someone to take the reigns and oversee the driving and logistics of the business.
Please contact Clifford on 0131 624 7711 or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org