Our client, based in Kensington, is a reputable and well-funded company offering quality linen rental and commercial laundry services to Michelin Star restaurants and hotels in Greater London area – bed linen, towels, pillow cases and other linen for hotel rooms, as well as still offering table linen and chefs jackets for restaurants sourced from the best suppliers.
They are currently looking for a Factory Operative to join their friendly team.
- Pay Rate: £8.25 per hour PAYE
- Previous experience will be advantage but not essential as on-site training is provided
- Be able to stand, walk and stretch for long periods
- Weekends available
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Load articles into dry-cleaning machines or washers at regular intervals to ensure steady availability of towels and linens
- Regulate machine processes when starting washers, driers and dry cleaners; turn levels and valves to control volume of additives, specific cycles and temperature
- Lubricate equipment to provide light service to machines, and clean or change machine filters when needed; alert manager when machines are in need of professional repair
- Sort articles before cleaning, separating them by fabric, color, cleaning technique or dirt content for best results
- Sort and count articles as they are removed from dryers; hang, fold or wrap the articles according to requirements or personal attention to detail
- Remove stains on fabrics though application of bleaching powders and steam sprays
- Use a hand or machine marker to place identifying names or code numbers on dry cleaning or laundry
- Utilize portable machines or neutralizer solutions to tend to stained articles, through pre-soaking, spot-cleaning, sterilizing, scrubbing and drying articles as needed
If you are interested, apply straight away by calling Wayne or Nicky on 020 8900 0005 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit our office page for more vacancies or create a MyDriverHire account to keep updated with our latest alerts. We`d love to connect with you on social media so why not join our community online on Facebook and LinkedIn.