We have a fantastic opportunity to join our client in Great Milton who is looking for a full time, permanent Kitchen Porter to join their busy team.
Work today is often so built-up and noisy. Do you fancy a work environment where you can enjoy spectacular natural beauty and peaceful fresh air? Nestled in the stunning landscape Oxfordshire, you could find yourself a position that provides exactly this. Our client is looking for a hard working Kitchen Porter who can share the enjoyment of their gorgeous hotel and kitchen and a job well done.
Responsible for all areas of cleanliness of the kitchen as well as the replenishing of all trays/warewashing and the maintenance of dishwashing machines. Adherence to cleaning list.
Working Hours & Salary
- £20,974 per year
- 28 days annual leave
- 40 hours a week
There is a regular bus from Oxford to Great Milton, so if you do not have transport you could catch the bus! This amazing opportunity is a job not to be missed
Job Description – Kitchen Porter
To comply with Health and Safety training and guidelines at all times.
- To be responsible for all equipment in your area and to use all equipment safely and correctly and report any faults to your Supervisor.
- To follow all Food Safety and Hygiene practices as per your training.
- To be responsible for the cleaning of all kitchen items depending on work area to a high standard as per the Company standard.
- To report any breakages.
- To ensure all items are stored away correctly and in the correct storage areas so as to be safe and to avoid breakages.
- To work alongside your fellow colleagues and also build relationships with the wider chef and restaurant teams.
- To ensure all equipment is cleaned thoroughly at the end of your shift.
- To communicate any needs of the area to your supervisor.
- To prioritise your workload based on the needs of the kitchen and the service times.
- Be willing to help wherever possible and to understand the flexibility required when business levels peak and trough, to deliver the best possible service.
- To use utilities and resources in a responsible manner to control wastage.
- To communicate relevant information to the department, your line manager and across departments, as appropriate.
- To comply with safe working practices, Health and Safety policy and ensure accidents/defects are reported immediately.
- To comply with all policies and procedures as written in the employee handbook.
- To take responsibility for daily clock in and clock out procedures for payroll and Health and Safety reasons.
- To attend learning and development courses and complete eLearning modules, as required.
- To demonstrate and be a role model of core values of Care, Confidence, Curiosity and Community.
- To promote the image of a professional organisation at all times.
To complete any other tasks deemed appropriate by Senior Management
What we do for you:
Driver Hire Oxford is recruiting on behalf of our client to find their next new team member.
Visit our local office page for more vacancies similar to this or create a MyDriverHire account to keep updated with our latest alerts.
We can provide permanent, regular or just ongoing and varied work around the Oxfordshire area. It’s more than “just an agency” job for us. We offer a warm and friendly place to work and we are proud of the fact that in our latest satisfaction survey 97% of candidates said they were proud to work for Driver Hire, 95% rated the level of respect received as Excellent/Good.
Driver Hire is the UK’s largest specialist transport and logistics recruitment company. We offer temporary and permanent driving jobs, non-driving work and Driver CPC training.
Do you like the sound of working with the upper-crust of culinary talent in a highly exclusive and invigorating environment? You can apply for this position online or give our friendly team a call on 01865 798 998 (during office hours Monday to Friday, 0800am – 1700pm).