To carry out a range of daily facilities duties which facilitate the smooth running of the premises, providing support for a safe and efficient operation whilst ensuring all customer requirements are met.
What will you be doing?
- Ensure smooth running of the school premises
- Opening the building in the morning and locking it at the end of the day if and when required
- Carrying out day-to-day DIY/maintenance and minor repairs (i.e. furniture fixtures)
- To ensure heating, lighting and alarm systems are working properly
- Booking engineer for major repair work
- Daily responsible to check that all doors and windows are locked when the building is not in use
- Checking the premises to guard against vandalism
- Arranging chairs and tables for meetings or assemblies and clearing away afterwards
- Ordering cleaning materials, new equipment and furniture for the school
- Taking bookings if rooms in the building are available for hire
- Always keeping in line with cleaning best practice and health and safety regulations.
What are we looking for?
- Knowledge and previous experience in practical DIY skills for minor repair
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude
- Good Team Player
- Flexible with shift work
- Good at developing strong working relationships with on-site client and employees
- Committed to providing excellent customer service
- Knowledgeable of Health and Safety regulation
- Familiar with COSHH standards
We have full time hours available in Peebles and Galashiels, both on temporary contracts – duration dependant on the developing situation
PVG IS ESSENTIAL
To apply or for more information, please call us on 01896 75 47 46