We have the pleasure of recruiting for an IT Technician for a world brand leader within the chemical industry.
The position of the IT Technician are as follows:-
- to resolve level 1 and level 2 incidents and fulfill service requests (phone, email, walk up, self-service portal) for all end users in accordance with service level targets whilst demonstrating the highest level of customer service.
- • Provisions and maintains all end-user computing equipment, such as desktop/laptop hardware, software, and peripherals in accordance with IT operations policy and procedures.
• Escalates incidents to the appropriate IT operations resources in accordance with established procedure.
• Monitors open tickets for accuracy, urgency and problem resolution within prescribed Service Level Agreements.
• Creates and maintains document repository of fixes, installation procedures, technical tips, and other office technology processes
- Identifies, researches, and assists with implementation of new technologies in accordance with IT operations policy and procedures.
• Tracks and manages IT assets (logical and physical) in accordance with IT operations policy and procedures.
. Work with Global support teams to support Network Infrastructure. Work with global Telcom teams.
You will require the following skill/knowledge/abilities:-
• Excellent English (written and oral) with experience interacting with all levels of management and staff.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems with emphasis on Windows 7 and 10, Office 2010, 2016 and O365, and Internet Browsers.
• Excellent interpersonal skills especially communication and presentation skills.
• Proven track record of collaborative working across business units.
• Successful delivery against commitments and deadlines.
• Promotes and supports standardization and continuous improvement.
• Ability to work independently and make decisions where necessary.
• Familiarity with ITIL and HDI Incident Management Best Practices.
• Familiarity with Wintel (Windows client and server technology), networks (Cisco preferred), anti-virus, general security.
• Familiarity with Network Standards, Protocols, and Security Policies,
• Familiarity with all components of Office 365.
• Familiarity with Encryption software – BitLocker.
• 2 years in a customer facing role
Required years Experience:-
2 years in a technology support role
A+ Certification or Equivalent
A driving licence is essential as you will be travelling within the UK.
Please reply with your CV in the first instance.