HGV Class 2 Driver. Cat C. HIAB. Full Time. £28,000
Driver Hire Guildford is recruiting for a Class 2 HIAB Driver to join a nationwide Building Supplies retailer. Ideally you will fill an area role and be flexible enough to work at any of the sites in Basingstoke, Bracknell or Guildford depending on the needs of the business. You will be an independent individual, happy to work on your own. Your daily walk round check and delivery schedule are all controlled on an iPad.
The role involves delivering a vast range of products to houses and construction sites using either a hook or a brick grab, with a remote control.
This is a very professional company to work for. Your first 2 days are even dedicated to training, company policies, and Health and Safety.
*** HOURS AND PAY ***
- £28,000 per annum after a 13 week temp to perm period.
- 4 weeks’ holiday.
- You will work 5 days out of 6. So there will be some Saturday work.
- Bank holidays are also worked in rotation, with time off given in lieu.
- Sites in Basingstoke, Bracknell and Guildford. You could be asked to report to any of them.
*** RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE HGV CLASS 2, CAT C HIAB DRIVER ***
- Perform daily vehicle inspection checks
- Deliveries across the South East. Mostly Surrey, Hants and Berks.
- Interact with the staff and customers in a friendly and professional manner
- Deliver a range of building, construction and DIY materials
- Adhere to all tacho and drivers’ hours regulations
- Be flexible and happy to drive Class 2, 7.5t or even a van.
*** REQUIREMENTS OF THE HGV CLASS 2 CAT C HIAB DRIVER ***
- UK driving licence with Cat C licence
- CPC card
- Digi tacho card
- HIAB card with hook, grab and remote
- Verifiable references
*** TO APPLY ***
- Telephone Phill, Chris or Richard on 01252 233000
- Or Email your CV to: Guildford@Driverhire.co.uk
- This role is being filled through Driver Hire, the UK and Ireland’s largest specialist recruitment supplier to the transport industry. To apply for this post or to find out more about other opportunities we offer please call us today