Job Vacancy – HGV Driver HIAB
ATE was established in 1995 and is now one of the most active, progressive independent distributors of trailers, parts and towed equipment. Our range of products covers plant hire, machinery dealing and repairing and civil engineering. Our customers consist of public utilities, event hire, government and councils.
Due to continued growth, we have a new opportunity for an LGV Class 2 Driver with an unrestricted C1+E license or C. to join our team, working with the Towmate production department.
Reporting to the Production Manager and Transport Manager, the LGV Delivery Driver’s objective is to professionally deliver Towmate trailers nationally to customers in the safest and most effective way. You represent the business and will be the final point of contact before our customer takes delivery of the product. The impression made should leave the customers’ expectations exceeded. You will contribute positively to the success of Towmate and the wider business aligned to its strategic goals.
The LGV Delivery Driver role is a full-time position, working 50 hours per week, based from our depot in Colchester (CO2 8WA). Hours are generally worked on five days per week, Monday to Friday, between the hours of 6.30am and 4.30pm in accordance with the rota, however due to the nature of the role and business demand, you are likely to be required to work nationally and stay overnight 3 to 4 times per week and/or at weekends (whilst in adherence to driving regulations). Accommodation and subsistence in accordance with ATE’s travel policy will be provided.
The Successful Candidate
You will need to be a committed team player, upholding the company’s values and standards. Everyone working within the company should strive to always be passionate, professional, driven, caring and honest. Our daily decisions and actions reflect our customer-led culture; something we hold in very high regard.
You will be self-motivated, able to work autonomously and adapt to change, and take on challenges with a practical ‘can-do’ approach. Due to your excellent customer service and timekeeping skills, you will be determined to arrive at customer locations punctually and maintain good communication throughout the process. As an experienced LGV Driver, safety is vital and you will take ownership of your responsibilities to ensure that deliveries are always secure , your vehicle is in a good, roadworthy and clean condition.
We are a united team, focused and accountable, but balance the need for serious work, with humour and fun!
- C or C1+E without restrictions certificate.
- Valid Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC).
- 3+ years’ experience as a lorry driver preferred.
- Clean driving record.
- Experience with goods handling and loading with FLT/Hiab.
- Experience with GPS navigation and mapping.
- Good working knowledge of O Licence and EU Driver Regulations.
What You Will Get In Return
The successful candidate will receive the following:
- Salary circa £34,000 – £36,000 per annum, dependent on skills and experience
- Free on-site parking at the depot
- 30 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays, increasing after 2 years’ employment by 1 day for each completed year of service up to a maximum of 33 days (including bank holidays)
- Participation in the company’s bonus scheme
- An employer that genuinely cares about its staff and encourages and listens to employee feedback and suggestions
If you are an experienced LGV Driver with excellent customer service skills searching for a new challenge with a growing and reputable business, apply today.
Application deadline: 19th August 2022
Shortlisted candidates may be invited to take part in an initial telephone screening. We regret that due to the volume of applications, we may be unable to respond to all unsuccessful applicants.