Driver Hire have an exciting opportunity for an experienced HGV Mechanic/Technician to join our client on an ongoing temp to perm basis
- Qualified HGV Technician / Mechanic
- Required to perform routine maintenance, diagnosis and repairs in order to maintain the road worthiness of vehicles within the fleet
- Experience with Preventative Maintenance Inspections and Mot Preparation
- HGV class 2 Driver’s Licence
- Company Van provided
Alfreton – DE55
Derby– Mansfield – Nottingham – Birmingham
Type of role
Temp to Perm
Days Required & Shift Pattern
Monday to Friday plus x2 Saturdays a month paid as overtime.
Description of the Client /Role
Due to increased business levels and imminent fleet expansion within our clients transport division we are looking to recruit an experienced HGV technician to join the team .
Day-to-day duties will include but are not limited to:
- Carry out scheduled operator Licence inspections & preventative maintenance
- Identifying/ diagnosing faults and to carry out repairs to high standards
- Ministry of Transport Test preparation & presentations with a focus of achieving 100% first time pass
- Using hand tools, power tools, diagnostic tools and specialist equipment as required
- Completion of service inspection sheets & repair write ups
£15.00 per hour (PAYE) / £16.81 per hour (PAYE Advanced) + Overtime
Why work with Driver Hire
Driver Hire Birmingham Derby is part of Driver Hire Nationwide, the UK’s largest specialist transport and logistics recruiter. We provide regular, ongoing and varied work from multiple clients across Derby and surrounding areas but it’s more than just a job with us. We treat you as a true professional and offer a warm and friendly place to work. We’re proud of the fact that in our latest satisfaction survey (December 2022), 97% of candidates said they were proud to work for Driver Hire, 97% rated the level of respect received as Excellent/Good and nearly two thirds (67%) said they would ‘definitely’ recommend working for us.
Interested in applying?
Please email email@example.com or call 01332 327200 and speak to Stuart, Nagina, Syed or Harika