Looking for a new start ?
Our client is looking for a Skilled HGV Vehicle Fitter to join their team. You will undertake the inspection, repair and maintenance of the fleet of vehicles and plant, meeting the Department of Transport standards and working to Health and Safety Executive requirements. This will include minor body repairs, attendance to ‘on site’ breakdowns, to participate on occasions with out of hours breakdowns, and any other mechanical work deemed to be within the scope of a skilled vehicle fitter.
Main Duties will include:
- Vehicle and plant inspections, servicing and repairs.
- Minor body repairs, welding repairs and fabrication.
- Attendance to ‘on site’ breakdowns.
- MOT preparation and presentation.
- Taxi licensing inspection.
- Repair, refurbishment and transportation of commercial waste containers
- Occasional ‘out of hours’ attendance to ‘on site’ breakdowns.
- Maintain accurate records of works undertaken, including job tickets, time sheets and other appropriate paperwork.
- Undertake training as identified and directed, to maintain the provision of a safe, efficient and effective service and to personal development.
- LGV 2 (Cat C) Licence & Full UK Driving Licence
- Knowledge of electrical and hydraulic vehicle systems
- City and Guilds (or equivalent) parts 1 & 2 in motor studies
- Wide range of experience of repairing and servicing municipal and commercial vehicles
- Effective customer care skills
- CPC Card Holder
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- High level of commitment and positive “can do” attitude
- Reliable trustworthy and ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Needs to be flexible in the approach to tasks and work schedules consistently maintaining a high standard of workmanship
- Communicates effectively at all levels in a clear, concise and open manner
- Takes personal responsibility for delivering an excellent service to meet the needs of internal and external customers
- Takes responsibility for own actions, sets high standards for performance and shows determination to meet goals
- An understanding of Equal Opportunities issues within the work place
Hours of work will be Monday to Thursday 07:00am to 15:30pm and Friday will be 07:00am to 14:30.
Unfortunately, we are unable to respond to every application. If you do not hear back from us within 10 days, this means you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
May we take this opportunity to thank you for applying for this role.