We’re seeking a HGV Driver 7.5 tonne Cat C1 +E to drive a large van and trailer to construction sites around the UK. Whilst at the sites specialist staff will operate machinery on board the vehicle and at the end of the working day you will bring it back to Milton Keynes. Journey times vary according to site location so a flexible approach is required with regards to start time. Occasionally you will night out away from Milton Keynes in a fully expensed hotel.
Responsibilities of the HGV Driver 7.5 tonne
- Reliably start on time
- Carry out detailed vehicle walk round checks promptly reporting defects in writing
- Safely drive the HGV Cat C1+E Van with trailer to and from customer sites
- Navigate confidently and follow agreed routes
- Assist customer staff to load and unload equipment
Requirements of the HGV Driver 7.5 tonne
- HGV Cat C1+E license with no more than 6 endorsement points
- You must have a Digicard and CPC Card
- You must be smart and clean in appearance
- You need to be able to communicate clearly in English with customers and the depot
- Ideally you should have demonstrable commercial towing experience
Pay & Benefits of the HGV Driver 7.5 tonne
- Guaranteed 8 hour day
- Regular work
- Free CPC after 30 qualifying shifts
- PAYE Pay £9.48 per hour
Why Driver Hire?
Driver Hire is the UK’s largest specialist logistics recruiter. We care about our Drivers and will always go above and beyond to match candidates to positions that suit them. Our office team are approachable and welcome all Drivers for a coffee and career discussions which may explain why when surveyed 94% of Driver Hire Candidates said they were proud to work for Driver Hire and 80% of them would recommend us to a friend.
If you would like to be considered for the HGV 7.5 tonne Cat C1 +E Driver role please apply online or for more information please call us today on 01908 371120 INDX1