Benefits of working for Driver Hire as an HGV Driver:
- £9.80 per hour, paid weekly on a Friday through PAYE model
- Regular work to suit your needs, full time or part time, Monday-Friday
- Potential for permanent job offers if this is something you are looking for
Responsibilities of being an HGV Driver:
- Start assignments between 0600-0800
- Work with clients that specialise in some of the following industries – motor, fresh and frozen food, retail building trade and general haulage
- Complete prompt and correct deliveries with the use of delivery notes (obtaining signatures when required)
- Assist with additional duties that may be outside the typical driving role, on or off the customers site
- To keep the vehicle clean at all times and carry out daily checks
- Maintain good customer relations by being courteous and helpful at all times
Requirements to be a HGV Driver:
- Cat C1 7.5 tonne licence with Digital Tacho and CPC Card (if you do not have CPC please contact us to discuss how we can help)
- Some commercial driving experience
- Willingness to work as a delivery driver, making multiple drops in the South East area (how many can vary depending on the customer)
- Able to start assignments Ashford, Canterbury, Folkestone and sometimes Tonbridge
- Full PPE and Sat Nav
Driver Hire are the UK’s leading logistics recruiter who supply drivers to our various clients for holiday and sickness cover, short and long term contracts and recruit for permanent positions too. 94% of our current candidates say they are proud to work for Driver Hire and currently we are looking for a new LGV driver to join our growing team.
We are looking to speak to candidates that live in the Ashford, Wye, New Romney, Hythe, Folkestone, Canterbury or Maidstone areas.
If this sounds like something you would be interested in, please apply online or call and speak to us on 01233 662280.