Are you looking for regular HGV work, which includes both driving and some hands on home delivery team work? Interested in driving a combination of 7.5 tonne and Class 2 vehicles? If so Driver Hire is recruiting for a new HGV driver to join our growing team in Tunbridge Wells on a regular 4 day contract. Driver Hire is the UK’s leading logistics recruiter and 94% of our current candidates say they are proud to work for us.
Benefits of working for Driver Hire as an HGV Driver:
- £11.21 per hour, paid weekly on a Friday through PAYE model
- Holiday pay entitlement
- Regular shift pattern, a minimum of 4 days per week
- Working for a leading logistics company
- Temporary to permanent roles available
- Loyalty schemes such as discounts, CPC credits and cash bonuses
- 7.5 tonne and Class 2 work available for new pass HGV drivers – fantastic opportunity to get commercial driving experience
Responsibilities of being an HGV Driver:
- Start between 0500-0600
- Work in a team of two with a driver’s mate to deliver upmarket furniture to customers homes
- Unload and assemble furniture goods such as sofas, beds, wardrobes, cabinets
- Ensure each customer you visit receives excellent customer service on their property
Requirements to be an HGV Driver:
- Happy and able to start early in the morning, working average 12 hour shifts
- Available to work regular Saturdays
- Physically be able to lift, carry and build heavy furniture items in a team of two
- Cat C1 or C licence with Digital Tacho and CPC Card
- Attend a two day paid induction and driving assessment
We are looking to speak to new pass/experienced HGV drivers that live in the Ashford, Tonbridge, Marden, Tunbridge Wells, Maidstone, Sevenoaks and Hastings areas and those that hold any of the following licences: HGV1, LG1, HGV2, LGV2. 7.5T, C1
Immediate starts available.
If this sounds like something you would be interested in, please apply online or call and speak to us on 01732 770005.