Enjoy working outdoors? Or looking for a career change doing something a bit different? Driver Hire Plymouth are currently looking to take on an experienced class 2 (CAT C) HGV driver to operate tanker trucks with gully cleaning machinery. This will be a permanent position with one of our long-standing clients based in Plymouth who provide industry-leading environmental cleaning & highways services all over the South West, if this sounds like the position for you, apply today!
- A full and valid Category C (Class 2) licence with an in date CPC and digi cards are required with no more than 6 points & no DR, DD or IN convictions for insurance purposes.
- Operating specialist jet vac tankers to service the needs of a wide variety of surface drainage clients, ensuring that all works are undertaken to a high standard & in a safe & competent way, whilst at all times ensuring a high level of customer service/satisfaction is maintained.
- 40 hours per week, with shifts typically starting between 05:00 and 07:00. Overtime rate of time and a quarter comes in after 40 hours, and time and a half rate for weekends and nights.
- On target earnings of between 24k – 30k per annum including bonuses.
- The driver will be required to do a week ‘on call’ once every 6 weeks, whereby you will be paid a basic £10 per day (regardless if you get a call out) and then paid overtime for any hours worked during a call out.
- PAYE – Internal payroll meaning we don’t use umbrella firms!
- Pension contribution & holiday accrual.
- CSCS qualification advantageous but not mandatory.
- Previous experience driving tankers / gully suckers would also be advantageous.
Here at Driver Hire Devon & Cornwall we are small, friendly business and we like to connect to candidates on a more personal level, if you are interested in this role feel free to give our office a call and we would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have – please ask to speak to either Jordan or Meg on 01752842888 for more information.
We now do HIAB training! We are currently looking for candidates to upskill for various HIAB work!
What Driver Hire can offer you.
Driver Hire is the UK’s largest specialist transport and logistics recruitment company. We can provide regular, ongoing driving work within the Cornwall and Devon from our three offices based in Saltash (near Plymouth), Victoria (near Bodmin) and Buckfastleigh (near Newton Abbot). We treat you as the true professional that you are and in our latest survey, 94% of our candidates said they were proud to work for us and 81% scored 8/10 or more when asked if they would recommend Driver Hire.
Connect with us & stay updated.
Visit our website and look at your local office’s page for more vacancies similar to this or create a MyDriverHire account to keep updated with our latest alerts. We’d love to connect with you on social so why not join our community online on Facebook by searching Driver Hire Plymouth, Cornwall and South Devon.
Please have a look at our other roles for: Class 1, Class 2, 7.5T HGV, LGV & multi-drop van drivers. We are also always recruiting for warehouse staff, forklift drivers & driver’s mates.