Are you looking for ongoing, reliable work?
Are you available immediately?
Are you interested in gaining more experience and qualifications?
If so, Driver Hire Chelmsford and Harlow have just the role for you!
NEWLY QUALIFIED DRIVERS WELCOME!!!
We are currently recruiting on behalf of our client who is based in Dunmow for a HGV Class 2 Dustcart Driver, who is also happy to also do some loading as and when required!
We require drivers with an immediate start who are happy to commit to work on an ongoing basis. For the right candidate, this position is highly likely to lead to a permanent position within the Council.
- Reliable / consistent work
- 4-day week
- Strong possibility of the role leading to a permanent position
- Higher rate of pay following 12 successful weeks work
- Excellent progression – further training provided for additional licences etc.
Tuesday to Friday
06.45 – 17.00
First 12 weeks (pre AWR):
Inc. Holiday Accrued – £12.88 basic *
Exc. Holiday Accrued – £11.50basic
After 12 weeks (post AWR):
Inc. Holiday Accrued – £14.54 basic *
Exc. Holiday Accrued – £12.98 basic
All of the above rates are paid weekly and via PAYE.
As a Refuse and Recycling Driver you will be required to successfully lead a small team of refuse loaders to collect waste and recycling from residential and commercial properties. Work is to be completed efficiently and you must ensure the daily rounds are completed.
As a Loader (as an when required to help your team) you will be required to load the Bin Lorry in a safe manner. Due to this, the ideal candidate will be physically fit loading can involve heavy lifting of sacks and pushing/pulling of loaded wheeled bins/containers (weighing upwards of 450kgs) in all weather conditions.
This is a truly exciting, and incredibly important opportunity which will offer work within the council and help achieve their vision of keeping our streets clean!
To be considered you must hold a Class 2 licence, hold current CPC and Digi cards.
- Attention to detail and care – You will be driving a Class 2 dustcart vehicle in residential areas! You must be able to demonstrate the ability to reverse and manoeuvre in tricky areas with precision and care.
- Complete daily rounds as efficiently and effectively as possible
- Complete daily vehicle checks in line with our client’s procedures and H&S requirements
Please be mindful that you will be required to complete a driving assessment/induction prior to commencing work.
* Candidates must request holiday in writing on a timesheet each week.