HGV- Class 2 Drivers
Our customer, a commercial waste treatment and recycling company are looking for HGV drivers for their operation in Cambridge. The role will involve collecting commercial waste from local business across the region and back to the waste treatment site to be processed and recycled. Our client have an amazing driver office relationship and you are fully supported whilst on the roads.
Your main duties and responsibilities will include, however will not be limited to:
- Driving a Large Goods Vehicle collecting/delivering waste or recycled products.
- Carrying out vehicle checks, routine maintenance (e.g. oil and water checks)
- Daily checks to be carried out and defects reported to workshop
- Complete allocated work within set time scales where possible
- This is a customer facing role, therefor good customer service skills are preferable
- Completing any paperwork required including all Duty of Care information – full training on internal paperwork will be given.
- Completing the daily rounds/work allocated to you including tipping at our own disposal/recycling or third party sites
- Full UK Driving Licence with Cat C entitlement
- Valid Digital Tacho Card
- Valid DQC Card
Hours and Pay:
- Monday to Friday
- The shift pattern is typically 6am to 4pm
- Basic rate of £15.75 per hour (overtime is x1.33 and x1.5 for Saturday)
- Weekend pay rate is paid at a premium rate
- Newly passed drivers are welcomes to apply for this role.
- This is an ongoing temporary role
What We Offer:
- Pension Scheme.
- Loyalty Schemes.
- Discounts and Savings on personal fuel use.
- Savings, discounts and vouchers for various outlets, restaurants and high street stores.
- Discounted Gym memberships.
For further information, or to apply for this role please click ‘apply now’ or text ‘HGV2SURREY’ to 07773099220 and one of our team will contact you.
Driver Hire are acting on behalf of our client whilst advertising this role.