Class 2 HGV driver required to fill a permanent position in Grays, Essex.
Monday to Friday.
The successful candidate must be prepared for the safe delivery of materials and equipment to construction sites in London and the surrounding areas.
Main duties will include:
· Supervise the loading/offloading of your vehicle so that products are safely loaded and secured to minimise chances of damage
· Driving around London and the home counties
· Ensure the correct goods and quantity of goods are loaded and unloaded
· Plan your day and route in the most cost and operationally effective manner
· Present, process and return customers Delivery Notes
· Secure and return Proof of Delivery advice notes (POD) electronic and/or manual
· Inform the Transport Office of any delays to or whilst at work
· Maintain your vehicle (inside and out) in a clean and very tidy condition
· Refuel your vehicle daily in accordance with Company Procedure
Experience / Skills required:
· Prior experience as an HGV Class 2 driver (1 year)
· Experience in a warehousing or dispatch environment is an advantage
· Ability to work on own initiative
· Good communication
· Good geographical knowledge
· Good knowledge of UK road networks
Maximum 3 penalty points
HGV Licence Class 2
Adept at driving efficiently through all traffic and adverse weather conditions
Current Digital Tacho Card
Flexibility on hours to include weekend cover, 50 hours per week, to include occasional early starts, or late starts with evening work.
Ability to do the heavy lifting
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
· Company events
· Company pension
· On-site parking
· Sick pay
· 10 hour shift
· 12 hour shift
· lorry driving: 1 year (required)
Here at Driver Hire Romford we are small, friendly business and we like to connect to candidates on a more personal level, if you are interested in this role feel free to give our office a call and we would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have – please ask to speak to either Dan or Elvis on 01708735114 for more information.
Driver Hire is the UK’s largest specialist transport and logistics recruitment company. We can provide regular, ongoing driving work within Romford and surrounding areas. We treat you as the true professional that you are and in our latest survey, 97% of our candidates said they were proud to work for us and 88% scored 8/10 or more when asked if they would recommend Driver Hire.
Connect with us & stay updated.
Visit our website and look at your local office’s page for more vacancies similar to this or create a MyDriverHire account to keep updated with our latest alerts.Please have a look at our other roles for: Class 1, Class 2, 7.5T & multi-drop van drivers.
Rainham, Dagenham, Grays, West Thurrock, Tilbury