HGV Class 2 driver
Working out of Rainham, Essex as an HGV class 2 driver delivering goods to our various customers including shops, restaurants, schools etc. Orders are palletised and unloaded using pump truck.
This position includes both local deliveries and deliveries further afield i.e. the midlands.
Depending on the load a drivers mate will sometimes accompany you.
An HGV class 2 licecne, a driver qualification card and driver tacho card are essential for the role.
Due to certain restrictions due to insurance –
Applicants must have no more than 3 penalty points in their licence.
It is essential that the post holder has a current UK driving licence that permits him to drive vehicles up to 32 tonnes (Cat C) , and has a min 2 years driving in UK experience.
ESENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES:
Checking that all of the items are accounted for against delivery sheets.
- Ensuring that vehicles are kept in appropriate condition that defects are reported and the cab interior are kept tidy
- Driving in a safe, courteous and legal manner, complying with all current EU Road Transport regulation and WTD al all times
- Maintaining legal tachographs
- Obtaining delivery signatures from customers.
- Communicate effectively with the co-worker in the sales office, Customer accounts, cashier office and the transport team
- Responding appropriately to customer enquires
- Receiving and recording payments
- Ensuring returned goods are acceptable and done according to Returns procedure.
- Collecting and returning goods to warehouse
- Dealing appropriately with complaints
Check load items security and all necessary equipment, paperwork, gps, fuel card, Fire extinguisher, first aid kit, triangle, accident form, CPC, are on board prior to leaving the depot for the day’s journey.
- On return, clearing all empties off the vehicle
- On return, removing all personal possessions and rubbish (cans/bottles etc) from vehicle cabs
- Ensuring the vehicle is returned with a full tank of fuel
Act as an ambassador for the Company when meeting customers creating an excellent impression
- Good time keeping
- Customer service skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Confident in dealing with people on the phone and in person
To apply for this position please call us on 01708 735114 or apply on line and we will contact you.