Driver Hire is recruiting for an HGV Class 2 Driver. (Cat C driver). Our client is a physical IT services company. Based in Farnborough. They specialise in delivering IT Engineering, IT Relocation, Technical Logistics and Asset Disposal projects.
They are seeking an experienced HGV driver to join the growing team. The ideal candidate will have an eye for detail, an appetite for learning new skills and will have strong communication and customer service skills.
Driving the HGV is an important part of the operational work, however their value is in offering a “white glove service.”
Unlike other logistics firms, our client is a physical IT services company. In addition to managing the logistics, they are also able to manage equipment installations. Because of this, they will provide in-house training to develop your core ‘IT engineering’ skills – such as packing IT hardware correctly, operating specialist equipment, setting up new racks and de-racking existing server equipment.
**** Benefits, Hours and Pay of the Cat C, HGV Class 2 Driver ****
- £27,000 per annum
- Plus 28 day’s holiday
- Monday to Friday
- Typically 7.30am start
**** Responsibilities of the Cat C, HGV Class 2 Driver ****
- Driving and operating any of the fleet of vehicles
- Delivering new equipment to Data Centres and office locations across the UK
- Opportunity to sometimes drive into Europe
- Operating specialist equipment for ‘white-glove’ requirements – such as tipping trolleys, stair walkers and specialist IT lifting equipment
- Supporting our warehouse teams with loading and unloading as well as the upkeep of vehicles (vehicle checks and so on)
- Installing and removing server equipment from data centre environments
**** Requirements of the Cat C, HGV Class 2 Driver ****
- UK licence with category C entitlement
- CPC card
- Digi tacho card
- Verifiable references
- Max 6 minor penalty points
- 6 months HGV experience
**** To Apply ****
- Call Richard, Phill or Chris on 01252 233000 to apply
- Or email your CV to Guildford@driverhire.co.uk
- This role is being filled through Driver Hire, the UK and Ireland’s largest specialist supplier of recruitment services to the transport and logistics industry, with a network of over 100 offices nationwide.
- We also have both regular and occasional work in Camberley, Aldershot, Farnborough, Guildford, Woking and Godalming for drivers who have HGV Class 1, HGV Class 2, Cat CE, Cat C, Cat C1, 7.5t, van and car experience.