Are you an experienced HGV class 2 driver looking for some ongoing work doing early morning / early finish shifts? This would be an ideal position for someone who might have other commitments in the evenings or just wants to finish work days early. We would be looking to take on drivers to complete various routes all over Devon and Cornwall delivering chilled / caged goods to shops and small supermarkets.
Our client is a well-known national company that operate local convienience stores and offer general groceries among other products, they believe in the local community and take pride in putting customers and staff at the heart of everything they do – if this sounds like a position for you apply today!
About the job.
- Early morning, afternoon and twilight shifts avaliable. Shifts can typically start between 03:30 and 08:00 for morning shifts.
- Ongoing work avaliable with lots of opportunity for overtime.
- Pay will be between £12 – £17 per hour.
- PAYE – Internal payroll meaning we don’t use umbrella firms!
- Pension contribution & holiday accrual.
- Weekly pay.
- Discounted CPC.
- A full and valid Category C (Class 2) licence with an in date CPC and digi cards are required with no more than 6 points & no DR, DD or IN convictions for insurance purposes.
- Previous HGV driving experience would be highly beneficial.
- The ability to lift and carry items throughout the day, as well as driving, is a requirement due to the physical nature of the job.
Here at Driver Hire Devon & Cornwall we are small, friendly business and we like to connect to candidates on a more personal level, if you are interested in this role feel free to give our office a call and we would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have – please ask to speak to either Jordan or Meg on 01752842888 for more information.
We now do HIAB training! We are currently looking for candidates to upskill for various HIAB work!
What Driver Hire can offer you.
Driver Hire is the UK’s largest specialist transport and logistics recruitment company. We can provide regular, ongoing driving work within the Cornwall and Devon from our three offices based in Saltash (near Plymouth), Victoria (near Bodmin) and Buckfastleigh (near Newton Abbot). We treat you as the true professional that you are and in our latest survey, 94% of our candidates said they were proud to work for us and 81% scored 8/10 or more when asked if they would recommend Driver Hire.
Connect with us & stay updated.
Visit our website and look at your local office’s page for more vacancies similar to this or create a MyDriverHire account to keep updated with our latest alerts. We’d love to connect with you on social so why not join our community online on Facebook by searching Driver Hire Plymouth, Cornwall and South Devon.
Please have a look at our other roles for: Class 1, Class 2, 7.5T HGV, LGV & multi-drop van drivers. We are also always recruiting for warehouse staff, forklift drivers & driver’s mates.