HGV Class 1 Driver (RO/RO)
We are working with our client in Newbury, who are one of the leading processors and recyclers of WEEE waste in the UK. Through the expertise of their people and the investment in technology, they promote and deliver a sustainable solution for the recycling of WEEE. Established for over 35 years, they have major contracts with local authorities, utility companies and businesses alike.
As a result of their continuous business growth, they are looking to expand their team and recruit an experienced HGV1 Driver. This is an exciting opportunity to take the next step in the career and join a well-established and successful team.
- 06:00 to 16:00 (46.25 hours per week)
- Monday to Friday
- £15.08 per hour
- Will be required to start late October (date to be confirmed)
- Collect and deliver RO-RO bins, travelling between our clients and our 3 operational sites.
- Conduct daily vehicle checks.
- To complete all paperwork in a timely manner
- Parking of all vehicles at the end of everyday
- Making sure the cab of your lorry is always clean and tidy.
- Keep in regular contact with the transport manager, yard managers and weighbridge operators at each site.
Attributes and Experience
- Class 1 Driving Licence (Minimum 2 years)
- Must hold a Drivers CPC Licence
- RO-RO (Wagon & Drag) experience.
- You must have good problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication, both orally and in writing, is essential.
- You will also have an excellent phone manner.
- You must always look presentable as the role is customer facing.
- Fluent English is required.
Training available, and great opportunities within the company await the right candidate.
To apply, please click on the ‘Apply Now’ button, or email firstname.lastname@example.org, enclosing your CV and covering letter detailing your experience.