Driver Hire is recruiting for a Cat C+E Driver for an on-going, 3 night shift role. That’s an HGV Class 1 driver for the old school amongst us! Night shifts.
We are very flexible in what we are looking for. Either 2 or 3 nights per week. To cover Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights. In effect, we are trying to find some cover to give the permanent driver some time off.
It’s a great job . . . for a furniture company. But there’s little lifting involved. Go from Farnborough to Leicester for a trailer swop. Then deliver to one store in Kingston and another in Bracknell. Return to Farnborough. Probably an 11 or 12 hour shift.
Some delivery points are pretty tight. So experience and being comfortable reversing is necessary.
Fantastic rate of pay!! Expect over £170 per night.
**** Hours and Pay ****
- £15.68 per hour (PAYE including holiday money)
- Ideally 3 nights per week
- Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights
- 11pm start
- Expect an 11 or 12 hour shift
**** Responsibilities of the HGV Class 1 driver ****
- Perform daily vehicle inspection
- Ensure the load is safe and securely strapped
- Interact with the staff and clients in a friendly and professional manner
- Trailer swop in Leicester
- Assist with deliveries to two furniture stores, in Kingston and Bracknell
- Adhere to all Driver’s Hours and Tacho regulations
**** Requirements of the Cat C+E driver ****
- Full UK driving licence with Cat C+E entitlement
- CPC card and digi tacho
- Verifiable work references
- Max 3 minor penalty points
**** To Apply ****
- Please call Chris, Richard or Phill on 01252 233000
- or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- This role is being filled through Driver Hire, the UK and Ireland’s largest specialist recruitment supplier to the transport industry. Call us today to apply for this post or to find out more about the many other opportunities we have.