Driver Hire is recruiting for a Cat C Driver (HGV Class 2 Driver). Our client is based in Farnborough. They specialise in packing up, relocating and then setting up computer racks for data centres.
They are seeking an HGV driver to join the growing team. The ideal candidate will have an eye for detail, an appetite for learning new skills and will have strong communication and customer service skills.
They will even consider newly qualified drivers if you have the right attitude and experience.
Most days you will even have a driver’s mate assigned to you to help with the moves.
You need to be physically fit because there is some hand-balling involved, and use of pump trucks to move pallets of racking.
**** Benefits, Hours and Pay of the Cat C, HGV Class 2 Driver ****
- £28,050 per annum
- 40 hours per week
- OTE £34-35,000
- Plus 28 days holiday
- Monday to Friday
- Typically 7.30am start
**** Responsibilities of the Cat C, HGV Class 2 Driver ****
- Driving and operating any of the fleet of vehicles
- Daily walk round checks
- Delivering new equipment to Data Centres and office locations, mostly in the South East, but potentially across the UK
- Opportunity to occasionally drive into Europe
- Operating specialist equipment for ‘white-glove’ requirements – such as tipping trolleys, stair walkers and specialist IT lifting equipment
- Supporting our warehouse teams with loading and unloading as well as the upkeep of vehicles (vehicle checks and so on)
- Installing and removing server equipment from data centre environments
- Adhere to all drivers’ hours and tacho regulations
**** Requirements of the Cat C, HGV Class 2 Driver ****
- UK licence with Cat C entitlement
- CPC card
- Digi tacho card
- Verifiable references
- Max 6 minor penalty points
**** To Apply ****
- Call Richard, Phill, Chris or Cheryl on 01252 233000 to apply
- Or email your CV to Guildford@driverhire.co.uk
- This role is being filled through Driver Hire, the UK and Ireland’s largest specialist supplier of recruitment services to the transport industry. The network consists of over 100 office nationwide. Driver Hire Guildford is always looking to recruit drivers for temporary, permanent, full time and part time assignments. Call us to discuss the other opportunities we have available. Including Class 1, class 2, 7.5t, Van, HIAB, FLT.