Due to an increase in demand and a change in our customer’s operations, we are seeking an Cat C (Class 2) Driver. This is a long-term booking with the opportunity of a permanent job for the right applicant. Working for a reputable company in West Kent, the role is pivotal to our customer’s operation and working independently, you will be responsible for delivering palletised goods safely to various sites across London and the Southern Counties. Good customer service skills are vital. All loading and unloading is undertaken by FLT operators under the supervision of the driver. This position is not the usual multi-drop job, there are rarely more than 3 or 4 deliveries in one day.
The start time will generally be 06:00, but flexibility is important as there will be the occasional very early start and approximately once a fortnight a night out.
As a competent and experienced Cat C (Class 2) Driver, you will have;
- UK C licence with digital tacho card and full CPC
- No more than 6 points for minor offences
- An understanding of driver hours and regulations
- During your trial period, you will be paid weekly
- Standard hourly rate £12.50 per hour (various engagement models are available, some of which are processed via third party providers)
- Occasional Saturday, overtime paid at £15.60 per hour.
- Salary £26,000 once permanent with a increase after the first year