Class 2 HGV Drivers required for permanent full time positions in Romford.
Our client is currently seeking a number of new recruits due to a restructuring of their operation.
The work will involve deliveries of food and drink in Essex, Suffolk, East London & surrounding areas. The deliveries are made using roll-cages and tail lifts. Some hand-balling will be required. In addition to your Cat C licence you will need a Digital Tachograph Card and valid CPC Card.
You will be accompanied by an experienced and trained drivers mate.
The typical shifts are Mon-Fri with 06:00 starts. Some weekend work is available with uplifted rates.
Initially you will work for a 12 week trial period for Driver Hire and then transfer to the client’s permanent employment.
We are seeking Drivers with:
- Good class 2 multi drop experience in Essex & surrounding area and are able to deliver up to 12 drops per day on roll cages.
- No more than 6 points on Licence
- Good interpersonal skills as this is a front line customer role
- Good communication skills with excellent language skills
- Experience with multi temperature vehicles would be an advantage
Pay and hours for trial period
- Assignment rate is £12.00 per hour (various engagement models are available, some of which are processed via third party providers)
Ltd Companies welcome
- Overtime available at £15.00 per hour
- Saturdays £15.00 and Sundays £17.00
Once you have completed the trial period and transfer to the client’s employment the salary will be £26,000 pa
Driver Hire is the UK’s largest specialist transport and logistics recruitment company and Driver Hire Romford can provide regular, ongoing work in Romford and surrounding areas. We treat you as the true professional that you are and in our latest survey, 94% of our candidates said they were proud to work for us and 81% scored 8/10 or more when asked if they would recommend Driver Hire.