Driver Hire Southend is looking for an experienced HGV Class 1 HGV Driver for ongoing tramping work, Monday – Friday at our customer site in Linford.
Position: Class 1 HGV Driver (Tramping)
Shifts: Monday – Friday Tramping (4x nights out per week), occasional Saturday is optional.
Start time: 07:00
Start date: ASAP
Induction date: ASAP
£14.00 to £17.25 per hour (PAYE weekly) (holiday pay accrued)
£26.20 tax-free allowance for each night out
You will be given a full 1-day induction and training for this position before the start date.
– We pay a minimum of 8-hours per shift
– 24/7 assistance
– Generous referral scheme
– Overtime available
– Free CPC training dependent on availability on your CPC renewal date
– As a HGV Class 1 Tramper Driver you will be:
– Driving a Class 1 vehicle (curtain-sider)
– Delivering materials across the region, goods are loaded and unloaded for you
– Given planned routes and loaded vehicles
– Tramping across the South
The successful experienced Class 1 Tramper Driver MUST have:
– A valid UK Class 1 driving licence – at least 6-months’ experience as a Class 1
– A valid CPC and digital-tachograph card
– No more than 6-penalty points on their driving licence (no DR, DD or IN codes)
– Their own transport – to travel to work
– Be happy to sleep in a sleeper cab 4x nights per week
Why choose us:
We’re the UK’s No.1 Transport and Logistics Specialists! Drivers are the most important part of our business! In a December 2020 survey, 97% of our candidates were proud to work for Driver Hire.
If you have any interest in this role, please apply now or call 01268 271090