The first Driver Hire office opened in West Yorkshire in 1983, initially supplying temporary drivers to local transport firms. Since then, we’ve grown to become the UK’s largest specialist logistics recruiter, providing a wide range of drivers and non-driving staff to organisations throughout the UK. Today, Driver Hire is much more than just a supplier of last minute lorry drivers. With over 35 years of experience and a nationwide network of over 100 offices, we offer a full range of recruitment services – temporary and permanent positions, driving work, logistics jobs and more. So, if you’re looking for work, you have come to the right place.
We have regularly supplied this particular client with various types of staff since 2018. They are the UK’s largest independent garage door specialist distributor and have built their reputation on providing an honest, value for money and quality based service.
Successful applicants will receive full training and will obtain their CSCS qualification along with other ongoing training. Successful applicants will be expected to visit various sites ranging from newly built housing estates to an individual customer. Duties will include installing, repairing and maintaining garage doors and electronic gateways. Please note: you will be using the companies resources – NOT YOUR OWN. These resources include tools and vehicle.
What we’re looking for:
- Applicants must hold a full UK drivers licence with no more than 6 points with no major endorsements including MS, DD, DR etc
- Applicants must be over the age of 25 for insurance purposes
- Applicants may apply without a CSCS qualification. However, if you already have this – it’s a bonus!
- Applicants with experience within construction, joinery or engineering may excel in this role
- Applicants must be willing to carry out ‘nights away’ when requested. (Expenses included)