Driver Hire Northampton are currently looking for experienced drivers/furniture installers for one of the UK’s leading office product companies based in Northampton
This is a temp-perm role for the right candidate
You will join our client’s busy team to carry out deliveries to a variety of companies. Handballing of packages is required so you will be able to carry out some heavy lifting.
You will be respectful of others, keep your vehicle clean and tidy, and on successful completion of a trial period, go on to join this great company on a permanent basis.
· Delivering and Installing furniture and accessories
· Checking all deliveries are complete, free of damage and booked in with customer prior to delivery
· Loading/unloading of vehicle daily
· Fully responsible for the management and maintenance of full tool kit
· Acquiring PDI and any other paperwork necessary to complete each install prior to delivery
· Obtaining customer signatures
· Assisting warehouse and colleagues with deliveries of any other goods as and when required in branch
· Answering and responding to emails and phone calls
· Managing and maintaining company vehicle and keeping it clean, presentable, and fully road worthy at all times
· Working with furniture admin team and supply chain to report and resolve delivery related issues to ensure compliance and exceptional customer experience
· Receipting goods-in and performing stock checks as and when required
· Helping with dispatch of goods and vehicles as and when required
· Facilitating fleet administration and communication with Group transport team
You will have a full UK category B driver licence along with;
No more than 6 points
Previous multi drop experience
Willing to work long days
Able to unload and lift heavy packages
Punctual and presentable
Good team player
Previous experience working within the industry
Great customer service
Pay and Hours
Monday – Friday 0730am start
£11.21 PAYE ADV
What we do for you:
Driver Hire Northampton is part of Driver Hire Nationwide, the UK’s largest specialist transport and logistics recruiter. We are proud to have been able to support local operators during the Covid pandemic and are now looking for additional drivers to join us and help be part of their recovery.
We provide regular, ongoing and varied work from multiple clients across Northampton and surrounding areas but it’s more than just an agency job with us. We treat you as a true professional and offer a warm and friendly place to work. We’re proud of the fact that in our latest satisfaction survey (December 2020), 97% of candidates said they were proud to work for Driver Hire, 95% rated the level of respect received as Excellent/Good and nearly two thirds (64%) said they would ‘definitely’ recommend working for us.