Looking for a position that can offer excellent progression?
Wanting a permanent job that can offer security?
Do you offer previous experience or are you interested in Engineering?
If so, Driver Hire Chelmsford and Harlow want to hear from you!
Our client, who manufacture and supply Metal Products for the engineering and construction sectors, seek a Fettle / Foundry operative to start as soon as possible.
Duties of the role include
- Fettling of parts to required finished tolerances as provided drawings using various tools including angle grinders, upright linishers, hand operated air linishers, hand files, chisels etc.
- Cutting off risers, runners and excess material using angle grinders, band saws and return excess metals to melting team.
- Keeping metal returns in separated metal bins labelled correctly to the metal specifications.
- Operating cranes to move heavy parts.
- Completion of production order sheets (B Cards) as per company specific procedures.
- Coordinate with various team members (specifically the fettling supervisor) to ensure your jobs are completed as planned.
- Work in a safe and efficient manner.
- Participate in company safety initiatives.
- Work to provide results in a timely manner in accordance with planned dates/times.
- Assist with improvements (Lean 5s) to procedures, equipment, operating methods etc. to increase efficiency. Job specific training will be given if required. The role involves heavy lifting.
- 30 days annual leave per annum (8 statutory days plus 22 days)
- Annual FSEG Event
- Attendance Bonus £1 per hour worked (standard contracted hours only)
- Annual Bonus (not Guaranteed)
- Company Pension Scheme
- Christmas Vouchers
- Workwear Provided and laundered
- Onsite Canteen with Free Fruit, Coffee/Tea, Milk and Cold Water Machine.
- Onsite parking
The successful candidate will ideally display the following attributes –
- Hard working and self-motivated
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload.
- Strong team working and interpersonal skills.
- Used to working in heavy Industrial Engineering Environment. Skills, Experience & Qualification-
- Ideally have 3 GCSE’s including Maths & English and Science (C or above).
Ideally have experience as a fettler, or other similar foundry roles
- Abrasive wheels training.
- Candidates without these qualifications but who can demonstrate relevant industrial knowledge and experience will be considered.
Mon – Thurs 7.00am – 3.00pm
Fri 7.00am – 2.00pm
£10.56 – 11.20 per hour.
Weekday and Saturday overtime – x1.5
Weekend Sunday overtime – x2
Note: Overtime rate is only paid after 39 standard hours are completed per week.
Unfortunately, we are unable to respond to every application. If you do not hear back from us within 10 days, this means you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
May we take this opportunity to thank you for applying for this role.