Job Title: Forklift Yard Operative- BUILDERS MERCHANT EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Company description: Major Builders Merchant, based in Hayes.
Type of work: Temp to perm for the RIGHT CANDIDATE!
Hours of work: 7.00am to 5.00pm with 1 hour lunch
RATES PAYE ONLY:
Guaranteed 9hrs pay, 1 hour break not paid, overtime paid after 10 hours.
BASIC TOTAL: £11.77; from which: £10.50 basic PLUS Holiday pay £1.27.
OVERTIME TOTAL: £14.57; from which: £13.00 basic PLUS Holiday pay £1.57
*standard Monday to Friday day rates;
higher rates for nights/ weekends etc
** Holiday pay is calculated at 12% out of the hourly rate.
BENEFITS OF WORKING FOR
DRIVER HIRE UXBRIDGE:
– 24/7 support
– Online payslips
– Holiday pay
– Pension Contribution.
Duties to include:
- MANUAL HANDLING WILL BE INVOLVED THIS IS NOT A WAREHOUSE ROLE, YOU WILL BE WORKING IN THE YARD
- Keeping the yard tidy and ensuring all Health and Safety Policies are adhered.
- Assist the staff with the loading and unloading the of vehicles.
- General housekeeping of the yard
- A counterbalance forklift licence.
- Experience with counterbalance forklift in a builder’s merchant environment for at least 6 months
- Physically fit, heavy lifting and shifting will be involved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Good time keeping and absence levels.
- Good knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety Policies
- Own transport to travel to work is an advantage as some early starts may be necessary.
- All your own PPE equipment
- A good command of English both written and verbal
- Must be able to supply 2 UK work references.
- Must be able to start immediately.