Looking for a position that can offer excellent progression?
Wanting a permanent job that can offer security?
Do you offer previous experience or are you interested in Engineering?
If so, Driver Hire Chelmsford and Harlow want to hear from you!
Our client, who manufacture and supply Metal Products for the engineering and construction sectors, seek a Fettle / Foundry operative to start as soon as possible.
Depending on the individuals working situation, this role can be offered on a straight permanent or a temporary to permanent basis (temporary to permanent, 12 weeks working for the client via the agency before transferring permanent).
Duties of the role include (but are not limited to):
- Fettling of parts to required finish, using various tools including angle grinders, upright linishers, hand operated air linishers, hand files, chisels etc.
- Cutting off risers, runners and excess material using angle grinders, band saws.
- Keeping and sorting metal returns.
- Operating cranes to move heavy parts.
- Complete all required documentation with each task.
- Liaise with various team members.
- Ensure all Health and Safety requirements are met and participate in relevant training/refresher courses.
- Meet with deadlines provided.
- Competitive Salary.
- Overtime and weekend rates.
- Full training provided.
- Production related bonus paid monthly (based on performance).
The ideal candidate will offer:
- Previous experience working in an Industrial Engineering Environment or similar.
- Flexible with working hours – additional hours and weekends may be required.
- Hard working.
- Physically fit – to complete heavy lifting tasks required in position.
- Ideally have at least 3 GCSE’s including Maths & English and Science (C or above).
- Ideally have experience as a fettler, or other similar foundry roles.
- Abrasive wheels training.
Monday to Thursday – 7am to 3:30pm
Friday – 7am to 2:30pm
Minimum 39-hour week.
Overtime and weekend rates paid at higher rate.
Permanent basis: Competitive, depending on individuals experience.
Temporary to permanent basis (first 12 weeks if required):
£9.98 per hour (INC holiday)*
£8.91 per hour (EXC holiday)
Overtime and weekend rates paid
- Holiday must be request by the worker each week by written confirmation on timesheet.
Unfortunately, we are unable to respond to every application. If you do not hear back from us within 10 days, this means you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
May we take this opportunity to thank you for applying for this role.