Looking for a position that can offer excellent progression?
Wanting a permanent job that can offer security plus excellent company benefits?
Do you offer previous experience or are you interested in Engineering?
If so, Driver Hire Chelmsford and Harlow want to hear from you!
Our client, who manufacture and supply Metal Products for the engineering and construction sectors, seek a Fettle / Foundry operative to start as soon as possible.
Duties of the role include (but are not limited to):
- Fettling of parts to required finish, using various tools including angle grinders, upright linishers, hand operated air linishers, hand files, chisels etc.
- Cutting off risers, runners and excess material using angle grinders, band saws.
- Keeping and sorting metal returns.
- Operating cranes to move heavy parts.
- Complete all required documentation with each task.
- Liaise with various team members.
- Ensure all Health and Safety requirements are met and participate in relevant training/refresher courses.
- Meet with deadlines provided.
- Competitive Salary & Annual bonus (based on profitability)
- Overtime and weekend rates
- Free refreshments & fruit
- Birthday & Christmas gift
- Annual Summer BBQ
- On site Shower
- Free onsite parking
- Full training provided
The ideal candidate will offer:
- Previous experience working in an Industrial Engineering Environment or similar.
- Flexible with working hours – additional hours and weekends may be required.
- Hard working.
- Physically fit – to complete heavy lifting tasks required in position.
- Ideally have at least 3 GCSE’s including Maths & English and Science (C or above).
- Ideally have experience as a fettler, or other similar foundry roles.
- Abrasive wheels training.
Monday to Thursday – 7am to 3:30pm
Friday – 7am to 2:30pm
Minimum 39-hour week.
Competitive, depending on individuals experience.
Unfortunately, we are unable to respond to every application. If you do not hear back from us within 10 days, this means you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
May we take this opportunity to thank you for applying for this role.