We are looking for a Process Technician for a very prestigious and growing company in Lewes within the Manufacturing / Engineering / Electronics field.
- Monday – Friday 7am-3pm, can be flexible for the right candidate
- To ensure all the existing process machinery used within the production departments are maintained, serviced and repaired to ensure downtime is kept to a minimum whilst ensuring high standards of quality are not adversely affected.
- To create and control programmes for the equipment as instructed.
- To continually develop and learn the latest equipment and processes
- To actively contribute to the justification of new equipment.
- To be involved with process changes and layouts of production ensuring a good overview of the production facility is understood.
- To ensure the machines all function in a safe and reliable manner.
To maintain a high level of understanding of SMT/PCB and manufacturing processes including:
- SMT Screen Printing
- SMT Pick & Place
- Conveyors and Transfers
- Reflow Soldering
- Radial Placement
- Wave Flow Soldering
- Selective Soldering
- Process flow
- Process Materials (e.g., Fluxes, Solder Paste, Solder Bar etc.)
- Oven Profiling
- Work Instructions
- Understanding of relevant procedures and engineering documentation
- Good communication skills
- Experience of soldering
- Enthusiastic and able to use own initiative
- Knowledge of company systems and policies
- Flexibility where appropriate
- A thorough awareness of any safety issues
- A good learner with skills required to develop knowledge and awareness.
- To be a good teacher when asked to train new employees onto the machines and equipment
- This role is project, routine and task driven, on time closures of which are of paramount importance
- This role demands focus and attention to tasks in hand and requires the ability to multi task and plan work load effectively
- Experience of collecting and presenting meaningful data to record process changes and trends
- Experience of manipulating electronic data within spreadsheets to produce analysis and conclusions
Health & Safety:
- When required, operate materials handling equipment such as pallet trucks following health and safety procedure at all times.
- To follow the Health & Safety guidelines as detailed in the Staff Handbook
- Ensure work areas are kept safe and hazard free and reports any observed or known safety hazards, conditions or unsafe practices and procedures to management immediately.
- Contributory Pension Scheme (3% employee, 6% employer)
- 23 days paid holiday which increases with length of service, up to 28 days per year (plus bank holidays)
- Private medical Insurance (BUPA)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Private Parking
- Sponsors of Brighton & Hove Albion FC, chances to watch a game
- Employee Assistance Program
For more info please give us a call on 01273 597999 (09.00-17.00 Mon-Fri) and ask for either Leanne, Shelby or Jen.