Driver Hire Taunton & Bridgwater are looking to recruit 2 x Driver’s Mates to work with our client supplying the drinks sector based from Bridgwater. Our client is a leading regional brewery supplying the South West & South Wales.
We are looking to support them with 2 Driver’s Mates to assist their drivers with deliveries of drinks to the licensed trade.
The successful applicants will be assigned with the same driver throughout the length of the contract
Key responsibilities are:
- Assist with deliveries of bottled drinks and kegs of beer to pubs, clubs and shops as per daily delivery sheets
- Help complete all daily paperwork relevant to the route
- Calling ahead of arrival to give estimated arrival times
- Ensuring that all Health & Safety procedures are carried out at all times
As a Driver’s Mate you will need:
- Due to the nature of the work involved you will need to be physically fit
- Have the relevant PPE, safety footwear & hi visual vests
- To be able to demonstrate experience in a similar role
- Able to start work from 07.00 hrs
Pay & Hours of Work:
- The majority of start times will be from 07.00 hrs although sometimes earlier, Tuesday to Friday
- Pay rates start from £8.91 with opportunities for overtime paid at £11.14 per hour
- All wages are paid through our own payroll (PAYE) on a weekly basis
- Holiday is accrued from the first shift
Full training and Induction on Manual Handling and Health & Safety is provided from the first shift.
Start date is 11th May 2021
To apply, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01823 332100 to arrange an appointment to register