Type of role
Full time, 12 month contract with potential to go perm
Days required and shift pattern
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
- Carry out all administration in relation to processing orders, ensuring accurate accounting, documentation and according to company processes and procedures.
- Deal with any ‘trade counter’ enquiries and associated cash sales
- Control stock investment and stock availability
- Ensure supplies are distributed promptly and efficiently and that all transactions are permissible and within the requirements of Finance, BASIS, Poisons regulations etc.
- Carry out stock count both in situ and delivered to depot, report discrepancies, give signature only for actual quantities delivered inwards.
- Maintenance of internal and external standards for compliance including but not limited to BASIS, Water and Fire Regulations, Health and Safety Executive, and Ministry of Transport inspections, Working Time Regulations
- Ensure supplies are distributed promptly and efficiently within the requirements of Finance, BASIS, poison regulations etc
- Maintain appropriate accounting and reporting procedures in relation to all company monies and stock
- Ensure security of company cash, stock and property
- Carry out all administration required
- Maintain high standards of housekeeping within the warehouse
- Ensure effective communication within the local depot and sales team and other regional depots
- Support the Depot Supervisor with organising workload and training the team with appropriate interventions to ensure everyone is working to the highest standard
- Deal with telephone and customer facing enquiries
Skills / qualifications
- BASIS Storekeeper qualification
- Fork lift truck licence
- Driving license
- IT literate and familiar with stock control IT systems
- Strong organisation skills.
- Key attention to detail.
- Good communicator – both written and verbal skills.
- Knowledge of product storage solutions
- Knowledge of local area and appropriate routes
- Knowledge of agrochemicals
- Customer focused approach
- Communication and influencing skills
Interested in applying?
For further information or to apply please click ‘apply now’, alternatively email email@example.com