Driver Hire Plymouth are currently recruiting for van parcel delivery drivers for one of our clients based in Saltash, with part time, ongoing and permanent positions available.
About the job:
- Shifts will be Monday – Friday starting between 07:00 – 09:00 and will typically finish around 17:00 but you could often find yourself on a 10-12 hour shift during busy periods (overtime rate of £13 p/h after an 8 hour shift!)
- Average of between 35 – 60 deliveries per day.
- Pay is from £10.20 – £15 per hour with lots of overtime opportunities available.
- PAYE – Internal payroll meaning we don’t use umbrella firms!
- Pension contribution & holiday accrual.
- Weekly pay.
- Training will be provided.
- Permanent opportunities for the right candidates.
- A full and valid Category B licence.
- The ability to lift and carry as well as move freely in and out of the vehicle, in all weather conditions is necessary due to the physical nature of this role.
- Previous van delivery experience would be advantageous but not essential.
- Your own transport is essential to get to and from work.
- Working mobile phone.
Here at Driver Hire Devon & Cornwall we are small, friendly business and we like to connect to candidates on a more personal level, if you are interested in this role feel free to give our office a call and we would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have – please ask to speak to either Jordan or Meg on 01752842888 for more information.
What Driver Hire can offer you.
Driver Hire is the UK’s largest specialist transport and logistics recruitment company. We can provide regular, ongoing driving work within the Cornwall and Devon from our three offices based in Saltash (near Plymouth) and Victoria (near Bodmin). We treat you as the true professional that you are and in our latest survey, 97% of our candidates said they were proud to work for us and 88% scored 8/10 or more when asked if they would recommend Driver Hire.
Connect with us & stay updated.
Visit our website and look at your local office’s page for more vacancies similar to this or create a MyDriverHire account to keep updated with our latest alerts. We’d love to connect with you on social so why not join our community online on Facebook by searching Driver Hire Plymouth, Cornwall and South Devon.
Please have a look at our other roles for: Class 1, Class 2, 7.5T HGV, LGV & multi-drop van drivers. We are also always recruiting for warehouse staff, forklift drivers & driver’s mates.