We are looking for a number of Delivery Driver’s for our client in the Manchester area, the working hours are Monday to Friday 1:00 pm till 9:00 pm with overtime paid after 37.5 hours in the week. The pay rate is between £10.70 per hour to £12.00 per hour.
Delivery Driver Duties will include…
- Safely and efficiently operate a delivery vehicle to transport packages to customers
- Plan and follow the most efficient routes for timely deliveries
- Load and unload packages from the vehicle
- Verify the accuracy of packages and obtain signatures from customers upon delivery
- Communicate with customers in a professional and courteous manner
- Follow all traffic laws and maintain a clean driving record
- Perform basic vehicle maintenance tasks, such as checking oil levels and tire pressure
Required Delivery Driver Experience
- Previous experience as a commercial driver or delivery driver preferred
- Familiarity with warehouse operations and procedures is a plus
- Ability to drive and navigate various types of vehicles, including vans and trucks
- Excellent communication skills to interact with customers effectively
- Strong physical stamina for heavy lifting and carrying packages
The Delivery Driver will need:
- Cat-B driving licence.
- Aged 25 or over for insurance purposes.
- Experience of multidrop delivery Van Driver.
- No more than 6 points (No DD’s, DR’s, IN’s, TT’s).
- Excellent customer service skills and good literacy.
- Full UK Driving licence, held for 2-years.
- Able to work to tight deadlines.
Please call Tom or Gareth between the hours of 8:00am and 4:00pm Mon-Fri to discuss this Delivery Driver in Manchester opportunity.