- Title: Crew Operative/Driver’s Mate.
- Location: Abingdon, Oxfordshire.
- Pay rate: £10.00/hr.
- Hours: Monday to Friday; At least four nights out per week.
- Type: Full-time; Permanent.
About the role:
Our client is a leading provider of temporary roadways systems across the UK. The successful applicant will be responsible for delivering, installing and recovering Dura-Base mat systems using a truck mounted crane.
This role provides the unique opportunity to flexibly work as Crew to Drivers on installation and recovery operations throughout the UK. This role will also involve working as a two-man crew including nights out in a double sleeper cab.
Full training will be provided and the position will involve working throughout the UK and include at least 3 nights out per week, excluding weekends
What you will bring to the role:
- Working as part of a team; in a two man crew including nights out.
- Sensible and responsible use of equipment, including adherence to health and safety practices.
- An ambitious drive and strong work ethic.
- Demonstrable independent reasoning.
- Maintenance and keeping of paperwork and electronic records.
- A reliable, trustworthy and time conscious attitude.
- A valid UK driver’s licence is required.
What our client can offer you:
- A night out allowance £25.39 per night.
- Overtime paid after 45 hours worked.
- A full time salary increase after 18 months.
- Provided crane training.
- BESC training and a CSCS card.
- Full PPE including top of the range steel toecap boots.
- Class 2 training supported within 12 months and ultimately Class 1 training.
- An opportunity to progress within the company.
If you feel that this position will suit you and you are seeking a full time permanent position in the logistics industry then please send your CV with a covering letter to: email@example.com
Visit our local office page for more vacancies similar to this or create a MyDriverHire account to keep updated with our latest alerts. We can provide regular, ongoing and varied work around Oxfordshire but it’s more than just “an agency” job for us. We offer a warm and friendly place to work and we are proud of the fact that in our latest satisfaction survey 97% of candidates said they were proud to work for Driver Hire, 95% rated the level of respect received as Excellent/Good.