Driver Hire is recruiting for a Full Time Trade Counter Sales / Warehouse Operative . You will be working all aspects of this retail electrical distributors. Our client needs you to work 5 days per week. Monday to Friday 0730hrs – 1630hrs or 0830hrs – 1730hrs. Plus every other Saturday 0830hrs until midday.
It’s a really friendly, professional environment, where everyone helps each other. You will be equally happy driving the van sometimes, but mostly working on site. Duties are mostly “behind the scenes.” Helping to maintain the stock, accepting deliveries and putting everything away, getting orders ready for collection, adding stock to the computer system. Even occasionally answering the phone or serving on the counter.
It’s refreshing to get this sort of variety in your working day.
Not too heavy, but double radiators do take some effort! You will control, sell and deliver a range of plumbing components . . . from taps and pipes, to baths and radiators.
**** Benefits, Hours And Pay for the counter sales/ warehouse operative ****
- £23,500 per annum
- After a short 3 month temp to perm period
- 24 days paid holiday plus bank holidays
- Discretionary Christmas bonus
- Excellent staff discount scheme
- Career progression
- Monday to Friday
- 0730hrs – 1630hrs or 0830hrs – 1730hrs
- (1 hour lunch )
- Plus alternate Saturday mornings.
**** Responsibilities of the counter sales/ warehouse operative ****
- Answer the phone
- Face to face counter sales with customers
- Stock control
- Interact with other staff and clients in a friendly and professional manner
- Possess the flexibility to “go the extra mile” and have a full commitment to providing excellent customer service
- Be physically able to lift, load and put stock away by hand. Hand balling is required
- Working in a small, friendly team, you will assist in delivering our customers a first-class service.
**** Requirements of the counter sales/ warehouse operative ****
- Verifiable references
- Some basic electrical knowledge, although this is not required.
**** To Apply ****
- Call Cheryl, Chris, Richard or Phill on 01252 233000
- Or email your CV to Guildford@driverhire.co.uk
This role is being filled through Driver Hire, the UK and Ireland’s largest specialist supplier of recruitment services to the transport industry. The network consists of over 100 office nationwide. Driver Hire Guildford is always looking to recruit drivers for temporary, permanent, full time and part time assignments. Call us to discuss the other opportunities we have available. Including Class 1, class 2, 7.5t, Van, HIAB, FLT.