Are you looking for a new opportunity? Would you like to work with a great team in Oxford who truly value their staff? This could be the job for you! We are seeking a highly experienced HGV Category C hiab driver, with a great can do attitude, to join our clients operation in Oxford, this is an immediate start and is a full time temp to perm driving role
Pay and Hours
- Standard hours of work are Monday to Friday, 0700-1600 hours plus every other Saturday morning
- Assignment rate is £14.00 per hour paid weekly via our Umbrella Company
- Full time salary circa £25,000 pa
Our client is a leading independent supplier of building materials, timber and landscaping products for trade and retail customers across Oxfordshire, Berkshire and Buckinghamshire.
Driving an HGV 18 tonne 38 foot rigid vehicle using a remote hiab. You are the face of our client’s operation so providing an excellent service experience for their customer base is paramount. There will be hand-balling and heavy lifting involved and you will be responsible for keeping your vehicle clean and tidy and carrying out regular checks. This role will lead to a permanent position after a successful trial period
- HGV Class 2/Category C licence with digital tacho and full DCPC
- Remote hiab licence (if you hold an expired Hiab licence our client would be happy to re-train you)
- At least 6 months relevant driving experience
- Understanding of driver hours and regulations
- Punctual, presentable, good communication and customer service skills
- Due to the nature of the role, previous hiab experience would be beneficial
This is a great opportunity if you are looking for a full time temp to perm role with a leading building company in Oxford, and you have an HGV/Class 2 licence with hiab ticket
What we do for you:
Driver Hire Oxford is recruiting on behalf of our client to find their next new team member. We are part of Driver Hire Nationwide, the UK’s largest specialist transport and logistics recruiter, and are proud to have been able to support local businesses during the Covid pandemic and are now looking for additional candidates to join us and help be part of their recovery.
We provide regular, ongoing and varied work but it’s more than just “an agency” job with us. We offer a warm and friendly place to work and we’re proud of the fact that in our latest satisfaction survey, 97% of candidates said they were proud to work for Driver Hire, 95% rated the level of respect received as Excellent/Good and nearly two thirds (64%) said they would ‘definitely’ recommend working for us.
If you have read this, feel you fit the criteria and want to learn more, get in touch. You can apply for this position online or give our friendly team a call on 01865 798 998 for more information.