Are you an experienced HGV class 2 driver looking for work security with guaranteed hours? We are looking to take on someone who is hard working, resilient and won’t crack under pressure to complete work for a variety of contracts we will have ongoing in the near future and beyond. This would be an ideal role for someone who enjoys varied work and likes getting stuck in with different types of driving and clients each week but also needs the stability of full time hours – If this sounds like a suitable position for you, get in touch with us today!
We have had great success in the past with taking on drivers on a guaranteed basis, some of which have been with us for more than 15 years, this would be a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate so don’t hesitate to contact us or continue reading below for more information.
Areas of work we cover:
- Palletised goods
- Cage deliveries
- Highways / tanker work
- Glass & glazing products
- Plant machinery & welfare units
- Building supplies
- Office stationary
- Insulation products
- Ambient & chilled goods
- Agricultural supplies
- Furniture deliveries
- The hours vary depending on the client you’re with and shifts could start between 05:30 & 08:00 usually with job until finish.
- 40 Hours P/W minimum with lots of overtime opportunities available and realistic OTE of between £440 – £600 per week.
- PAYE – Internal payroll meaning we don’t use umbrella firms!
- Pension contribution & holiday accrual.
- Weekly pay.
- Discounted CPC.
- A full and valid Category C (Class 2) licence with an in date CPC and digi cards are required with no more than 6 points & no DR, DD or IN convictions for insurance purposes.
- Previous HGV driving experience would be highly beneficial.
- The ability to lift and carry fairly heavy items throughout the day, as well as driving, is a requirement due to the physical nature of some of our jobs.
Here at Driver Hire Devon & Cornwall we are small, friendly business and we like to connect to candidates on a more personal level, if you are interested in this role feel free to give our office a call and we would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have – please ask to speak to either Jordan or Meg on 01752842888 for more information.
What Driver Hire can offer you.
Driver Hire is the UK’s largest specialist transport and logistics recruitment company. We can provide regular, ongoing driving work within the Cornwall and Devon from our three offices based in Saltash (near Plymouth), Victoria (near Bodmin) and Buckfastleigh (near Newton Abbot). We treat you as the true professional that you are and in our latest survey, 94% of our candidates said they were proud to work for us and 81% scored 8/10 or more when asked if they would recommend Driver Hire.
Connect with us & stay updated.
Visit our website and look at your local office’s page for more vacancies similar to this or create a MyDriverHire account to keep updated with our latest alerts. We’d love to connect with you on social so why not join our community online on Facebook by searching Driver Hire Plymouth, Cornwall and South Devon.
Please have a look at our other roles for: Class 1, Class 2, 7.5T HGV, LGV & multi-drop van drivers. We are also always recruiting for warehouse staff, forklift drivers & driver’s mates.