Position: Class 2 HGV (Cat C) Driver
Looking for some varied work? Need flexibility? We currently have a number of excellent opportunities for Class 2 (Cat C) truck drivers for work within the Plymouth area. We have a number of clients who are looking for delivery drivers for an immediate start with part time, full time and permanent options available. If this is you, keep reading for more information!
Areas of work we cover:
- Palletised goods
- Cage deliveries
- Highways / tanker work
- Glass & glazing products
- Plant machinery & welfare units
- Building supplies
- Office stationary
- Insulation products
- Ambient & chilled goods
- Agricultural supplies
- Furniture deliveries
- The hours vary depending on the client you’re with and days usually start between 05:30 & 08:00 usually with job till finish.
- Pay is between £12.33 to £20.39 per hour with weekend work and overtime. (Advanced payroll method inclusive of holiday pay)
- PAYE – Internal payroll meaning we don’t use umbrella firms!
- Pension contribution & holiday accrual.
- Weekly pay.
- Discounted CPC.
- Varied work available depending on your preferences and skill set: food & drink, metals, refuse collections, building supplies (Hiab required), cage work, tanker & packages (ADR).
- Part time and full time positions available, with lots of temp to perm opportunities available throughout the year.
- A full and valid Category C (Class 2) licence with an in date CPC and digi cards are required with no more than 6 points & no DR, DD or IN convictions for insurance purposes.
- Although previous lorry driving experience is beneficial, training will also be provided for the right candidate. If you are new to this type of driving then we can provide you with the vital commercial experience required when looking for a full time job.
- The ability to lift and carry fairly heavy items throughout the day, as well as driving, is proffered due to the physical nature of the jobs – However, not all jobs will require hand-balling.
Please be aware that the advertised pay for this job role is an advanced payroll method, meaning the rate is inclusive of your holiday pay at 12.07%. We are more than happy to accommodate a standard payroll method if you prefer to accrue and take holiday separately.
Here at Driver Hire Devon & Cornwall we are small, friendly business and we like to connect to candidates on a more personal level, if you are interested in this role feel free to give our office a call and we would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have – please ask to speak to either Jordan or Meg on 01752842888 for more information.
We now do HIAB training! We are currently looking for candidates to upskill for various HIAB work!
What Driver Hire can offer you.
Driver Hire is the UK’s largest specialist transport and logistics recruitment company. We can provide regular, ongoing driving work within the Cornwall and Devon from our three offices based in Saltash (near Plymouth) and Victoria (near Bodmin). We treat you as the true professional that you are and in our latest survey, 94% of our candidates said they were proud to work for us and 81% scored 8/10 or more when asked if they would recommend Driver Hire.
Connect with us & stay updated.
Visit our website and look at your local office’s page for more vacancies similar to this or create a MyDriverHire account to keep updated with our latest alerts. We’d love to connect with you on social so why not join our community online on Facebook by searching Driver Hire Plymouth, Cornwall and South Devon.
Please have a look at our other roles for: Class 1, Class 2, 7.5T HGV, LGV & multi-drop van drivers. We are also always recruiting for warehouse staff, forklift drivers & driver’s mates.