Driver Hire Taunton & Bridgwater are recruiting Class 2 drivers to support our new contract based out of Taunton. Our client is a leading chilled and frozen food distributor supplying to the fast food outlets, catering trade throughout the South West & South Wales. They are looking for us to assist them throughout the year & busy trading periods which runs from the spring through to October. They have opportunities for Class 2 drivers on an Ongoing Full time or Part time basis, to suit your availability.
Fully paid induction is provided to include; Best working practices, Health & Safety, Operation of hand held scanning equipment.
- To deliver accurately chilled & frozen food items & non food items to Fast food outlets, Pubs, Restaurants, Holiday parks and other catering outlets
- Drive the vehicles in accordance with the Highway code and all Transport related Regulations
- Carryout vehicle checks on a daily basis and report any defects to the Duty Manager
- Complete all daily delivery paperwork ensuring that signatures are obtained.
- To keep in contact with the transport office daily reporting any delays or damaged items
As an experienced Cat C / Class 2 driver you will have:
- A valid UK Cat C driving licence
- Up to date Driver CPC qualification and Digital Tachograph card
- Due to the nature of the role you will need to be physically fit as there will be a lot of manual handling
- Able to start from 04.00 hrs each shift
Hours of work & Pay rates:
- Pay rates start from £12.50 per hour, Monday to Friday
- Saturday pay from £14.50 per hour
- Wages paid on a weekly basis (PAYE)
- Holiday pay accrued from the first shift
- Hours of work from 04.00 hrs Monday to Saturday, you will work 4 out 6 shifts if on a Full time basis
This is a Great opportunity which has the potential to become a Full Time role within the company, Part Time shifts are available to suit your availability
To apply, send your CV to email@example.com or call 01823 332100 to arrange an appointment to register