Class 2 driver
HGV Class 2 driver required for the leading independent UK distributor of thermal and acoustic insulation, fire protection and roofing materials.
Where will you fit in?
You will be responsible for the transport delivery of goods to customers in a safe and timely manner, providing a high level of professional front line customer service at all times.
Driving professionally, maintaining high standards of housekeeping, vehicle cleanliness with competent knowledge of Road Traffic Law. Demonstrating consideration towards other Road vehicle and Vulnerable Road users at all times.
Ensuring compliance within the DVSA regulations (Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency) and vehicle security.
Reporting to the Transport or Operations Manager.
What are we looking for?
Customer Service and Performance
- Verify delivery instructions, plan routes accordingly and meet delivery schedules
- Check the vehicles are loaded in an organised and efficient methodology in line with deliveries
- Ensure on arrival the delivery is safe to make and respect Customer’s premises
- To undertake checks at point of delivery to ensure the customer’s order is correct, agrees with the delivery paperwork and is in good condition
- Check goods off with customer in line with paperwork, noting any errors/returns accordingly
- Obtain customer signature or branch signature for internal branch transfers
- Follow procedures for securing the premises, vehicle, stock and cash
- Vehicles secured and keys removed from cabs at all times
- Courteous, polite and professional to all customers, colleagues, the public and other road users
- Accepting of any changes in the delivery schedule to accommodate customer requirements
- Checking the customer is satisfied with the delivery/goods and providing feedback to branch if required
- Drive the vehicle safely and professionally at all times in accordance with the Law
- Drive within the EU Regulations, if applicable, tachograph, drivers’ hours limits and the Working Time Rules
- Inspect vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues daily and on-going throughout the day
- Report defects immediately to the Operations Manager for rectification
- Be aware of the vehicle inspection rota for servicing & MOT in line with the Operator Licence requirements
- Supervise the loading of the vehicle to ensure products are safely loaded within the weight limits and secured
- Observe Health & Safety regulations in the loading areas and Customer premises
- Wear personal protection equipment (PPE) at all times
- When using the Harness Restraint System ensure there are additional personnel in the vicinity
- Be adaptable and have the foresight to handle unexpected situations (traffic, weather conditions etc)
- Report all driving convictions/offences, parking tickets, fines to the Operations Manager
- Report all near miss incidents, accidents, vehicle damage, road-side stops etc to the Operations Manager
- Report accidents as soon as possible following the incident in line with company’s accident procedure
- Retain all fuel, toll receipts etc complying to the directive from the Operations department
- Display the Operator’s Licence Disc, if applicable, FORS Accreditation and Vulnerable Road User stickers on the vehicle
- Take ownership of own Driver Medicals as required
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures including the Company Dress Code and Standards of Performance
- Adhere to the Company Health, Safety and Environmental
Qualifications and Skills
Who are we looking for?
Customer focused, team player, can do attitude, flexible, good communicator, professional, detail conscious, results driven, proactive.
Numerate, literate, valid driving qualification B, professional driving experience, health and safety aware.
You must have a Class 2 License and CPC Card.
- Bonus scheme
- Company pension
- Life insurance
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Driving: 1 year (preferred)
- Class 2 License (preferred)
- CPC Card? (preferred)
- moffett License (preferred)
Please visit our website for other available positions www.driverhire.co.uk/office/romford/