The first Driver Hire office opened in West Yorkshire in 1983, initially supplying temporary drivers to local transport firms. Since then, we’ve grown to become the UK’s largest specialist logistics recruiter, providing a wide range of drivers and non-driving staff to organisations throughout the UK. Today, Driver Hire is much more than just a supplier of last minute lorry drivers. With over 35 years of experience and a nationwide network of over 100 offices, we offer a full range of recruitment services – temporary and permanent positions, driving work, logistics jobs and more. So, if you’re looking for work, you have come to the right place.
This role is running out of Westhoughton, Bolton (BL5). This role offers the opportunity to be part of a globally acting service provider.
Our client has experienced an extreme spike in growth from the start of the COVID-19 pandemic and are continuing to experience this growth – so much so that they are opening a new depot almost 3 times the current size.
As a class 2 afternoon driver you can expect:
- 16:00 start time
- Monday to Friday rota
- Overtime available on a Sunday at a premium rate
- To drive a 12t or 18t box van
- Repeat deliveries of palletised parcels to sub depots across the North West
- Unload your vehicle using a pump truck and tail lift
- You can expect an 8 – 10 hour shift
- 6 months class 2 experience
- Driver Card
- Driver Qualification Card
- Maximum of 6 points/endorsements with no ‘major’ offences including DR/DD/IN/CD etc.
- No unspent criminal convictions for insurance purposes