Class 2 Driver
The team here at Driver Hire are currently looking for Class 2 drivers to work with one our established clients based in Doncaster who predominately distribute catering equipment across the UK. This specialisation has also led to an increase in the delivery of Electrical Enclosure Cabinets and Cash Machines along with pallet deliveries in recent years.
A class 2, multi drop driver would typically have 12 drops per day. The number of drops would be dependent on distance as deliver across the UK. Longer distance runs can take an 11-hour shift to complete but always within the working time directive. Normal start times are approximately 06.00. All drivers have a driver’s mate allocated to them. On occasions there will be Class 2 trunking runs. These runs would go to London or Bristol and return to Doncaster Depot.
- Shifts start between 06.00
- Assignment rate between 10.25 and £13.12 per hour (dependent on engagement models, some of which are processed via third party providers)
- Some weekend and Bank Holiday shifts available at enhanced pay rates
As a competent van driver, you will have the relevant C licence along with full Driver CPC and digi tacho card, plus:
- No more than 6 points on your licence for minor offences
- An understanding of drivers’ hours and regs
What we do for you:
- Driver Hire Doncaster is part of Driver Hire Nationwide, the UK’s largest specialist transport and logistics recruiter. We are proud to have been able to support local operators during the Covid pandemic and are now looking for additional drivers to join us and help be part of their recovery.
- We provide regular, ongoing and varied work from multiple clients across Doncaster and surrounding areas but it’s more than just a job with us. We treat you as a true professional and offer a warm and friendly place to work. We’re proud of the fact that in our latest satisfaction survey (December 2020), 97% of candidates said they were proud to work for Driver Hire, 95% rated the level of respect received as Excellent/Good and nearly two thirds (64%) said they would ‘definitely’ recommend working for us.
- If you feel you fit the criteria for this position or would like to learn more about some of the other roles we’re recruiting for, get in touch. Send your details by clicking apply or give a Laura call on 01302 639881 for more information.