Driver Hire Taunton & Bridgwater are seeking to recruit Class 2 drivers to support our client based in Bridgwater, Somerset as they are experiencing an increase in daily volumes following the recovery from the COVID pandemic and about to enter their peak trading period.
Our client operate a fleet of vehicles which are all temperature controlled delivering and collecting chilled and frozen food products from food manufacturers, processors & retailers and require support on a daily basis. Each route will consist of up to 10 deliveries and daily collections at the end of the day, covering the South / South West of England.
Key responsibilities of a Class 2 driver:
- To carryout accurate deliveries of food products (On Pallets) to sites as per daily delivery notes
- To ensure that temperatures of the Rigid unit are maintained
- The vehicle is driven in accordance with the Highway code and All Transport regulations
- Vehicle checks are carried out on a daily basis with any defects reported to the duty manager
- Communicate throughout the day with the transport office, reporting of any delays and collection details
As a Class 2 / Cat C driver you will have:
- A valid UK Cat C driving licence
- An up to date DCPC Qualification card & Digital Tachograph card
- Ideally have operated a Temperature controlled vehicle, although training can be provided
- Have no more than 6 points for minor offences, such as SP’s, due to insurance restrictions no DD, DR or IN are allowed
- Experience in multi site deliveries
Hours of work & Pay:
- Start times will normally be from 07.00 hrs each week day
- Pay rates start from £11.00 per hour with supplements paid for Overtime & Weekends
- All wages paid weekly via our own payroll (PAYE)
- Minimum of 8 hours each shift
- Holiday accrued from your first shift
- Pension contributions after qualifying period
To apply, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01823 332100 to arrange an appointment to register.
Driver Hire Taunton & Bridgwater is part of Driver Hire Nationwide, the UK’s largest specialist transport and logistics recruiter. We are proud to have been able to support local operators during the Covid 19 pandemic and are now looking for additional drivers to join us and help be part of their recovery.
We provide regular, ongoing and varied work from multiple clients across Somerset and surrounding areas but it’s more than just an agency job with us. We treat you as a true professional, part of our team and offer a warm and friendly place to work. We’re proud of the fact that in our latest satisfaction survey (December 2020), 97% of candidates said they were proud to work for Driver Hire, 95% rated the level of respect received as Excellent/Good and nearly two thirds (64%) said they would ‘definitely’ recommend working for us.