Driver Hire Taunton & Bridgwater are recruiting Class 2 drivers to support our client based out of Taunton. Our client is a leading chilled and frozen food distributor supplying to fast food outlets and catering trade throughout the South West & South Wales. They are looking to us to assist them throughout their busy trading period which runs from now until the end of the year. They have opportunities for Class 2 drivers on an Ongoing Full Time basis or Part Time to suit your availability.
Fully paid Induction is given to include: Best working practice, Health & Safety, Operation of hand held scanning equipment.
- To deliver accurately chilled & frozen food items along with Non food items to fast food outlets, pubs, restaurants & holiday parks.
- Drive the vehicles in accordance with the Highway code and all Transport related Regulations.
- Carryout vehicle checks on a daily basis and report any defects to the Duty Manager.
- Complete all daily delivery paperwork ensuring that signatures are obtained.
As an experienced Cat C / Class 2 driver you will have:
- A valid UK Cat C driving licence.
- Up to date Driver CPC qualification and Digital tachograph card.
- Due to the nature of the role you will need to be physically fit and used to manual handling.
- Able to start from 04.00 hrs each shift, this will vary depending daily route.
Hours of work & Wages:
- pay rates start from £12.50 per hour Monday to Friday.
- Saturday pay from £14.50 per hour.
- Wages paid weekly (PAYE).
- Holiday pay accrued from the first shift.
- Pension contributions after qualifying period.
- Hours of work from 04.00 hrs Monday to Saturday, you will work 4 out of 6 days per week.
This is a great opportunity which has the potential to become a Full time role within the company. Part time shifts are available.
To apply, send your CV to email@example.com or call 01823 332100 to arrange an appointment to register.