Licence type:Class 2
Contract type:Temp – perm
Working Hours:Full time
Driver Hire is the UK’s largest specialist transport and logistics Recruitment Company. Driver Hire Southampton can provide ongoing and varied work in Southampton and surrounding areas. We treat you as the true professional that you are and in our latest survey, 94% of our candidates said they were proud to work for us.
Due to expansion our client’s based in Southampton are looking to expand their team with aClass 2 Carpet Delivery Driverwho will take ownership of their role and deliver a high standard of customer service.
Key points for our Class 2 delivery position
- Start time 7:30am with a finish of around 16:30
- 40-50 hour week
- Monday – Friday, no weekends!
- Complete daily vehicle pre-journey checks for defects prior to departure
- Route Planning
- Responsible for checking weight limit of vehicle when loaded
- Loading/unloading goods are required either at customer premises or site drops
- Liaising with the clients regarding delivery information
- Completing deliveries in the time given
- Meeting customers, ensuring correct paperwork completed and returned to warehouse manager on completion of delivery route
Requirements for the HGV2 delivery position
- Valid Driving Licence (CAT C)
- Valid CPC and Digi Tacho Card
- Maximum 3 points on licence (NO DD/DR)
- Previous experience in similar environment
- Customer focused
- Physically fit and able to lift large goods
- Good time management skills
- Good numerical/written & verbal communication
Benefits for our HGV drivers
- Weekly pay!
- Minimum of 8 hours paid per shift
- Overtime and weekend rates
- More work rewarded to those who do well
- Potential to go full time with the business
- Discounted CPC and licence upgrading for on-going drivers
- Consistent communication from the team
Think this could be the job for you or want to know more?
Contact us today on 02380678088 or email Southampton@driverhire.co.uk.